Friday, December 19, 2008

My Story

Photobucket Photobucket
I still remember when I studied in KL back to 1985, I love to listen a lot of English song in the 7os.I listen to Micheal Jackson,New Kids on the Block,Boy George , Alphaville, Depeche Mode,Kylie Minoque ,...mostly RnB and Pop.At that moment I’m not interested in rock song at all. The reason I hooked with English song because I’m not Chinese educated. I do listen some Cantonese numbers as well-Jackie Cheung,Alan Tam,Leslie Cheung.
Until at the age of 13, my father decided to move back to hometown in Kuala Kubu Bharu(near Frase Hill) my life is totally changed, from a city boy to kampong boy. At first I’m not use to the life in KKB.For the first two year, I’m not use to it. When I’m in KL, most of the time I stay indoor. I play video game ,go Sungai Wang shopping ,watching cinema ,swimming in a proper swimming pool, taking Tong Fong bus, go karaoke but now my life is different in KKB , most of the time outdoor. Life is pretty slow, no shopping complex, no karaoke, no video game centre. Riding bicycle and explore every jungle. Life is quite independent where not much material things to rely on. Kids here are less luxury than KL kids.
From this moment I know 2 friends , Cho and Che.They introduce me to BEYOND. From this moment, I fall in love with this band with my first album purchased, Beyond IV (cassette).From time to time I upgrade my Beyond collection, from Arabian Dancing Girls to Secret Police.....so on and so on. I still recall, we got a Beyond fans community here. We always gather and talk about the song, their vision and dreams. We exchanged Beyond poster, picture, flash card and cassette.It becomes very aggresive until Che bought his first kapok RM50 guitar. Excitement spread to everyone. Nobody knows how to strum the guitar until Che's brother Ah Siong volunteered himself to learn the guitar follow by my brother Ah Seng ,Ken and Onn.Im the last one to learn the guitar.Ah Siong is a fast learner, within few months he can play many songs ,many chords. everybody amazed by it. For my surprise, they are so serious about the guitar scale .They practise day and night but yet can’t play like Beyond. One day my brother, Ken and Onn decided to get a guitar teacher, unfortunately, there’s no guitar teacher in KKB.They travel to KL by bike just to attend half an hour guitar lesson.Ken on Drum and Onn plays guitar.I really salute their passion about their commitment in learning Beyond's song.From that moment we gather very often, singing Beyond's song, act like Beyond, talk Beyond, hair like Beyond.
We all sharing same view where Beyond is our music idol not only for theirs song but generally we respect them because they are the only artist in Hong Kong during 80s who never copy any foreign song. They always bring us message that we as human being must emphasize on peace, kindness, human right and political freedom, brotherhood and righteousness and salvation unlike most HK artist who always make fast money by only singing love ballad without any vision and out of tune! I think Beyond's message is very meaningful and straight forward to the world ,to the people and to the industry. They gain a lot of respect from the teenagers at that time. We started debate on the matter almost everyday.Im glad Im part of it.I wish their vison and passion will continue endlessly.
Today as time passing by , open a guitar shop is my dreams and passion.I have successfully open my guitar shop on 2002.I will always remember what Wong Ka Kui emphasize - keep the faith , believe in yourself and be confidence.Even he's not a saint or any holyman but his lyris has been pushing me to become more independent and creative.I always feel very proud of theirs song.I even spread his message to all the youngster in order to keep them to become a good gentlemen with vision , love and noble.Together we uphold this spirit till the last breath , PEACE!

No comments: